NS 3 simulation examples:
- NS 3 simulation examples helps researchers and students to have a idea about NS3.NS3 was developed mainly for education and research purpose. It was designed after NS2 . NS3 was created with the help of C++. Bindings done in python.The aim of ns-3 projects is to create open source software for networking. NS3 is a discrete event simulator and also open source software. NS3 software simulates the models realistic which helps to use the ns3 as a real time network emulator.
1.Download NS3 source file from the corresponding website
2.Install python and c++ as the pre-request
3.Ns3 is run with the help of WAF
To build and run a project in the simulator then type the following commands once after you complete your coding
3.$./waf --run filename
Steps to write a script:
- To simulate our network we need to write the scripts
Running the simulator:
1. Include all the required files
2. Create nodes
3. MAC and PHY net devices are created
4. Interconnect the net devices
5. Protocol stack is installed
6. Routing , tracing and simulation start and end time is setted
7. Run the simulation
We help B.E/M.E students , phd scholars to do their own NS3 simulation examples.Let us see some snippets to write a ns3 code.
How to run a ns3 script?
To run a ns3 script use the following command
./waf --run filename
How to run ns3 in network animator?
1.In addition to the header files we needed include the following header file
2. To simulate the ns3 in Network animator we need to create a .XML file to create the animation.xml file we need to use the following command
AnimationInterface anim ("filename.xml");
3. To position the nodes in the animator give the location as follows
How to run in Python?
1.Create the python script file
2.Run the program by giving the following command
./waf --run filename --visualize
We support PG/UG scholars to do their projects in NS3 also helps to understand them with ns2 simulation examples.